Saturday, November 2, 2013

DEAN WINCHESTER - "Demons I get, People are crazy" (A Masterpiece by Wendell J Smith)

Dean Winchester- "Demons I get, People are crazy" by Wendell J Smith

I came across The Art of Wendell J Smith on facebook. This Pop-Art artist is taking Pop-Art to a whole new level and is one of the most prolific Professional American Painters that I have come across so far. His usual creations deal with subjects belonging to macabre genre including but not limited to characters like Freddy Kruger, Jason, Ted Bundy, Crazy Ralph, Dexter and Danny Trejo.  My favorite of this artist (as posted above) is of Dean Winchester - "Demons I get, People are crazy" a fictional character from The CW Television Network's Supernatural. He is portrayed by Jensen Ackles. Dean hunts demonsspirits and other supernatural creatures with his younger brother Sam.

This type of art may look simple but it is neither simple nor easy to create. I originally thought these paintings were silk screens till I came across the work in progress posted by the artist on his facebook page. It gave me a whole new appreciation for his work. I am quite amused to see how much this type of genre painting is not only celebrated but also genuinely appreciated by so many people here in USA. For more on The Art of Wendell J Smith visit https://www.facebook.com/TheArtOfWendellJSmith

No comments:

Post a Comment