Wednesday, December 18, 2013

LINE COLOR FORM (An Art book by Jesse Day)



This is one of my favorite books on the practical aspects of art. Here is my "Why":

-  It has only 121 pages and most of them are filled with colored images that go with the topic that is being discussed. The book is not too wordy and has no fluff--great for artists who have ADHD or short attention span.

-  Even the table of contents have a concept image to visually define each chapter.

-  It contains a wealth of information regarding line, color, composition, material and formal analysis.

- Another interesting feature (my favorite) deals with "Useful Terms and Expressions" (a vocabulary list for artists) which I recommend to professional painters to commit to their memories.

I have learnt a lot from this brief but well written and engaging book. I use it every now and then to refresh my memory. The cover is paper back but laminated and the pages are smooth, heavy weight and glossy. I paid the full retail price of $19.95 but it is really well worth it. It also makes a lovely Christmas, Graduation or Birthday gift for any aspiring artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment