Saturday, December 28, 2013

STUDIO VISIT MAGAZINE (Volume 23)


Today I received the long awaited dozen copies of my Studio Visit magazines (Volume 23) that I ordered for my records and for my art collectors as a token of gratitude for their love and support of my work they have been showing for the past years. This is an American Art magazine and has a nice professional feel to it with glossy pages that showcase artwork. It is an amazing source of what is hot and happening in the art world featuring the paintings & sculptures created by living national and international artists . The paintings are juried-in usually by an art museum director and out of thousands that enter only about 350 or so artists get selected to showcase their works. Some of the artists who do get selected opt out and their paintings are not displayed because once selected, they are obligated to pay $250 fee since the initial entry to this publication is free. Museums, Curators and Art Gallerists receive this very expensive magazine for FREE (because the selected artists pay the cost). Why you ask? Because now they have the benefit and a chance of being discovered by the Museums, Gallerists and Curators which otherwise would not have been possible. In my opinion, it is a great venue for the emerging as well as a professional painters for it gives them a prestigious platform to display their finest works in print for the world to see. Would I do this again? Most definitely. It is one of the best forms of *Permission Marketing tool me think. Visual Art is about exposure -- the more the better. A lot of the artists however, disagree with me because of the cost involved.
*Seth Godin wrote a book on Permission Marketing and that is what I am referring to here.

Page 50 features "Three Knights in Paradise" and page 51 "The World is Your Oyster (Knight)". Both of my Original Paintings were SOLD during my last annual Studio Exhibit that was held in my Art Studio on my 41st Birthday on July 6th, 2013. I am sure you are wondering what those paintings featured in this magazine look like so without any further delay I am posting the images for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
                                                                                       
The World is your Oyster Knight by Roopa Dudley SOLD
Three Knights in Paradise by Roopa Dudley SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment